At Volunteer Mississippi, we care about YOU and want to engage and support ALL Mississippians in service to their communities. Join our team and help connect volunteers with opportunities all over Mississippi so YOU can make a real change in someone’s life! #VolunteerMS
Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service Job Posting
Agency Job Title: AmeriCorps Systems Officer
Position Type: State Government, Non-State Service
Salary Range: $33,600 – $55,125
This position reports to the Director of AmeriCorps Programs and is responsible for overseeing federal funds intended to promote community service and volunteerism throughout Mississippi. This position develops policies and procedures; conducts program planning, program training and support, and evaluation for federal AmeriCorps funds; and functions as a technical expert to local and state government agencies and nonprofit organizations related to federal and state laws, regulations, and policies. Primary functions are related to supporting Volunteer Mississippi’s role in administering the AmeriCorps State Program Portfolio. This position requires statewide and out-of-state travel on an as-needed basis. The Systems Officer reports to the Director of AmeriCorps Programs.
Examples of work performed in this classification include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides administrative support to the Director of AmeriCorps Programs and AmeriCorps MS Team
• Support all aspects of the annual AmeriCorps State grant application process, including publication of Notice of Funding Opportunity and associated documents and application instructions; planning and developing policies, procedures, and timelines to solicit grant proposals; soliciting independent peer reviewers, coordinating the review process, and submitting recommendations to the Commission Board.
• Lead Pre-Award Risk Assessment (PARA) process, including revising and reviewing PARA documents, and revising, issuing, and ensuring proper execution the Notice of Grant Awards (NOGA) and associated documents, in accordance with Uniform Guidance and AmeriCorps regulations
• In conjunction with the Executive Assistant, manage administrative duties of all AmeriCorps training events.
• Lead administrator of all AmeriCorps Mississippi systems including, but not limited to, Basecamp for AmeriCorps programs, OnCorps Reports, SharePoint, and eGrants.
• Provide training and technical assistance to Commission staff and AmeriCorps State programs on systems listed above.
• Manage the central email for the AmeriCorps team to triage and centralize unified response.
• Along with AmeriCorps team, advise on unexpended funds using America’s Service Commissions’ mitigation rubrics.
• Maintains an electronic filing system for AmeriCorps subgrantee documents including, but not limited to, NOGAs, approved applications, approved budgets, PARA documents, and formal compliance finding documentation.
• Understand and interpret guiding documents, including federal, state, and Commission policies, grant terms and conditions, and guidance to ensure AmeriCorps programs comply with and maximize results according to all applicable requirements, policies, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to create and present ideas and budgets in a variety of formats.
• Ability to maintain confidential records.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of experience.
• Knowledge of the philosophy, mission, leadership needs, and planning requirements of the organization preferred.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.