The Clinton Community Nature Center (CCNC) is a non-profit organization with a mission to conserve our land and historic features while developing a place for the appreciate, enjoyment, and study of nature.
First Saturday Work Days are vital to the mission of the Clinton Nature Center. Volunteers are essential to Work Days and we strive to have a set of tasks for all ability levels and ages 5-100.
Each Work Day a set of tasks is identified. Among the tasks each month are:
- Trail Maintenance (leaf and brush relocation, drainage repairs, ditch digging, gravel, tree trimming)
- Grounds Beautification (planting native species, butterfly garden/ pond repair, gardening)
- Cleaning and Trash removal (indoor and outdoor cleaning, dismantle and remove broken structures
- Repair and maintenance of existing structures and tools (fences, bridges, railings, benches, buildings, power washing and staining of wood structures, play forest elements, signs)
- Building new structures (planting benches in screenhouse, play forest, tool storage)
- Mailing (stuffing envelopes, stamps)
- Rock Painting for our youngest and most artistic (community connection and beautification)
Volunteers can give 1 hour or several hours; morning or afternoon; one time or monthly. If a work day is rained out the second Saturday is the make up. The CCNC operates 100% on donations, memberships, partnerships, and volunteerism. The CCNC values our volunteer partnerships, because without them we can not complete our mission and grow.